Winner of the 2019 Consumer Choice Award,
Home Renovation Halifax
All-Craft Announces With Great Confidence
Winner of the 2019 Consumer Choice Award
To you our valued clients, community and industry leaders, we want to pass on our appreciation for your support and business.
Your positive comments and the recognition that you provided All-Craft with, resulted in our company being recognized with a very prestigious award.
Each year across Canada, Consumer Choice Award gathers opinions, perceptions and expectations through the responses of thousands of consumers and businesses. All winners go through a rigorous selection process conducted by a third party research firm to ensure only the most outstanding service providers are the winners within their respective industry.
Winning the “2019 Consumer Choice Award” for Home Renovation in Halifax, means a lot to the All-Craft Family. We work as a team, always supporting each other and we are dedicated to our community, industry and clients, past and future.
All-Craft would like to take this time to thank everyone not only for your business but for your positive comments, outstanding references and kind words of support.
With universal design, top-of-mind awareness is focused on interior design when it comes to renovations, a safe and accessible lifestyle is important inside and out.
Research has shown that spending more time outdoors can boost your immune system, promote positive energy and create a relaxing lifestyle.
Outdoor living has become one of Canada’s top investments for renovations. People want to spend more time enjoying family and entertaining in their backyards. A universal design can ensure that you can welcome company of different ages and abilities.
Thoughtful exterior design considerations like lighting, pathways and raised gardens can help you enjoy your backyard. But, on a more larger scale, when designing your backyard for the future, implementing the following design features will help accommodate any life changing events.
Pathways with edging– Your pathways should have adequate lighting and have a solid surface to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers. A non-slip pathway helps with stability as well (Pathways should be at least 42″ wide). Edging will help with depth perception.
Ramps, Rails and Lifts– The “deck life” is a summer trend in Canada. Decks are no longer your basic 12 x 12 box. People are investing in a an outdoor living space that can include kitchens, showers, hot tubs and trendy dinning areas.
When designing an exterior space to enjoy, consider mobility and accessibility. Implementing a ramp, outdoor stair lift or an incline platform will ensure stress-free accessibility.
Some small modifications that you can do to adjust to different abilities are:
Installing electrical receptacles higher than usual
Adding lighting to walkway paths
Provide wheelchair pull-up access to seating areas and tables
Low thresholds from inside to out
Nobody can predict the future, but you can plan for it. With interior renovations we find that all age groups are putting in grab bars and building with a universal design. Now it is time to plan for the future outside, so that no matter what, you can enjoy the fresh air.
When thinking of renovating your backyard to customize it to your lifestyle needs, make sure you hire a professional in exterior renovations who has an Aging-In-Place professional with CAPS(Certified Aging in Place Specialist) training working for them.
Questions to Ask Your Halifax Renovation Contractor
Hiring a contractor can be overwhelming, but with the right questions you can find the right renovator for your job.
When starting to think about your renovation project, hiring a qualified contractor should be on the top of the list for priorities.
The key question people are always asking is “how do you find a good-qualified contractor?” Here are a few tips when hiring a contractor.
ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
Do they use contracts? Read why you should Get It in Writing
Do they work with permits and follow code?
Are they members of the local building association (CHBA-NS is located in Bayers Lake)
How are potential work injuries handled? Confirm they have the proper insurance so that you are not held liable.
INTERVIEW YOUR CONTRACTOR
When hiring a renovator for your project, take the time to interview them like you would if you were hiring an employee. Questions you should ask are:
What is the history of the company?
What services do they offer?
Do they offer a warranty?
Do they use sub-contractors?
“Brian, Justin and Laura and their entire team are top notch. From start to finish our project was a total success. On time, on budget and changes worked in perfectly.”
All-Craft has a passion for renovations, interior and exterior. With specialized teams we have experience in renovations from custom en-suites to full home additions.
We are proud to say we are a multiple award winning renovator including the prestige award of Renovator of the Year 2017 by CHBA-NS and Consumer Choice Award for Home Renovations!
She-Sheds, now the backyard trend in Halifax for 2017.
She-Sheds provide a place where women can escape from the chaos of everyday life, taking the high heels off and enjoying backyard bliss. These super cute tiny cottages provide a place for women that want some downtime to unwind to read a book, garden or even just to take an afternoon nap.
You can find She-Sheds in many styles and designs, full of color and accessories, making it “hers” not “his”. Clever décor defines the style space she wants, from paint colors to light fixtures to sofas and throw pillows, the imagination can run endlessly.
So how do you get started on your backyard hideaway?
- Start by staking claim to that shed that has been abandon or forgotten about. If you don’t have a shed, time for you to call your local design and build team.
- If your shed is sitting there with cobwebs and clutter, time to clean it out!
- Once it is cleaned, time for you to take a step back and use your imagination. Pick out colors to paint, giving it a fresh look. The color of your she-shed will also help determine the colors used for your accessories and décor.
- Now, let’s think about what you want to use your she-shed for. She-sheds can have many purposes, a gardening retreat, a place to host book club and even a cute little office for those “work-from-home” days. It will be her getaway place.
- Once you determine the use of your special spot, time to decorate and get comfortable. Adding features like a daybed and lots of throw pillows or a deep comfy chair that will make it feel warm and relaxing.
- Last but not least, never forget the outside. Add luscious greens and beautiful colors to the outside of your she-shed, providing a positive energy around the petite haven you have designed.
Cozy, vintage, floral or even fluffy are words that can be used when describing your she-shed
Contact the experts at All-Craft for your She-Shed design
Do The Renovation Research!
Renovations start with prioritizing, and prioritizing means doing your research, starting with how to find the right professional renovator.
More than 3 out of 4 Canadian homeowners renovated their homes in 2014 or plan to renovate in 2015. Homeowners top priority is to enhance the design and function of their homes, and in doing so, the confusion and stress becomes overwhelming. The renovation process can present many questions and decisions that a homeowner can’t answer. Time for RESEARCH!
Unfortunately, with homeowners watching reality renovation shows, they are left thinking a quality renovation can be complete in days and they think the renovation costs they see on television should be roughly what to expect for their renovation, but, T.V. shows do not include labour costs, leaving false misrepresentation of professional renovations and costs.
So, are you wondering how to not be one of those “reno gone wrong”? The key is to research, use technology to find out information and use some old fashion reading to find out who is the right fit for your project.
- What – Your house is your castle, when you walk through your front door you take a deep breath and feel a sense of relaxation. When you look around, your always thinking about what to change, so first step is to make a definite decision on what you want to renovate.
- Who – Biggest question of your renovation. We all have heard horror stories, and seen them. One way of finding a renovator is through your local home building association and through BBB. The internet is another source to view renovators portfolios, through social media and their professional website. Always, and that means, always, hire a professional with the following, WCB, Insurance, Warranty’s, and that provide written contracts.
- When – When hiring a professional, it is the norm that a good renovator is booked months in advance. If you have a renovator that can start your project ASAP, think twice. Renovations are a process, starting from design to material selection. So never rush. Pick a time frame that is feasible to your schedule for working with your professional on color and material selection.
- Why – Dated, Damage, Want, Needs….these are all reasons to renovate. Now, it is you that has to decide the reason to renovate. Whether it is for energy efficiency, a home addition because the family is growing or just for a trendy new living space, you need to decide before starting your journey. Usually budget plays a role, it helps determine a “need” from a “want”.
It doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. Nothing is more rewarding than watching your vision become reality, watching your space transform into a new, improved living space. It is just icing on the cake when you can do it with peace of mind that you have the top professional renovator working for you.